Loving People

We’ve been away for a few weeks.   We’ve had some truly special moments and we wouldn’t have missed this time for all the world.  It’s been a pleasure.   Now we’re home again.  Catching up, resting, having time to reflect.  Spending time with your family can be a privilege, don’t ever knock it.


We visit London often and so only occasionally visit the money making tourist hotspots.  We took some time out for shopping, a little bit of culture, and much childminding.   I’ve walked 10,000’s of steps, drank  countless cups of tea and probably eaten too many croissants.   I’ve used my bus pass on a dozen different bus routes, travelled on the DLR and the underground.  I watched Go Jetters on CBeeBees, read Pepper Pig, played blocks and trains on the floor and had toddler cuddles every day.  It’s been amazing. 


I don’t quite know how I kept going, napping in the afternoon certainly helps, but like so much in life, you can often find the strength to do something when you need to.  You can surprise yourself.  It’s when you sit and relax that your bones ache, and oh geesh my bones ache now!   I have to admit, I appreciate being back home too.   I'm shattered!


I can't post a month's worth of special moments, but I'll include some snippets ❤️ 

Vincent Van Gogh.  A less tormented version on Starry Night.  The Immersive Experience was not quite what I expected,  but I'm pleased we had the chance to visit.  I had no idea that there were so many different versions of his work.

Horniman Gardens, free entry to the park and well worth a visit.   There are entrance fees for the Butterfly House and other exhibits but the Gardens are free.


Everyman Cinema,  a real Art Nouveau hidden gem.  I had no idea this existed.  It was so cosy and our coffees were bought to our seats!

Eltham Palace,  English Heritage.   An unusual house, beautiful gardens with a good playground and picnic area for children. 


We strolled along the South Bank one day and, of course, had to stop off for this exhibit 🤷‍♀️



At home the garden has moved on.  No Mow May turning into No Judge June.  I’ve made some mistakes in the garden.  I moved my spider plants, carefully tended indoors throughout the darker months, into the garden and they’ve been destroyed by the the cold winds.  Our fruit trees too have been decimated, the apple tree is showing no sign of life at all and the pears have withered on the branches.  It’s upsetting, but we’ll give each another chance.   The plum tree, in a more sheltered position seems to be ok.   Today is summery,  however the weather over the last month has been winter.   June was renamed Junuary.  


Thankfully,  I had someone water my plant pots 😀

Its blood test week, no emergency calls again, although results will come later.  While with family I didn’t have time to think about it.  





Comments