Macrame Plant Hangers



When I first began craft making on my owns terms, I taught myself some macrame skills.   I made plant hangers for family and friends, and loved it.   As my life changed with marriage and then a family, macrame plant hangers became a distant memory, but I never lost the desire to make and mend :-). Now, later in life, I have the time to make those things again.

Over the last few months I’ve been gathering, buying and adding to my craft materials. Wooden beads and jute have featured in this stash :-)

So today, as my husband was at work, I dug deep into the stash and gathered the tools around me to make a macrame plant hanger again.   Jute, beads, brass ring, hook to work from, tape measure, and I was away.

I was amazed with myself that it all came back so easily.  And so relaxing!  The afternoon slipped away until the light began to fade.   Here are just a few pics of my afternoon’s work.  





Its a great way to spend a cold, wet, afternoon :-)

Comments