Visit to Steart Marsh

As pensioners, we keep telling ourselves that we need new experiences to keep our grey cells moving 😎.  In an effort to do this,  we had a day out at Steart Marsh, a place we hadn't been to before.   We’re both determined to stay active for as long as we can.

One of my anxieties, is knowing that at sometime I will need more treatment for a TTP relapse.  I know I need to be in a reasonable state of fitness for that treatment.  So, forward, I try to eat healthily, I try to keep moving, I’m doing the best I can, for my mental health as well as my physical.  I see memes about growing old disgracefully, and quite frankly I ignore them.  It’s just a privilege to grow old 🤷‍♀️  I’m 66 and think I’m doing ok!

We're not bird watchers by any means and completely misjudged the tides but still enjoyed the walk.  The paths are flat, it's built on marshland after all so no hills.  It's accessible for cycling and wheelchairs, it was an easy walk.  There are also toilets, and two car parks.

Yesterday, I couldn’t upload my photos properly so today this is another attempt.  Fingers crossed.  I’m nothing if not optimistic.   Also I took it as a bit of sign that my post wasn’t right and deleted the first attempt.

We saw two pairs of swans.  Or one pair twice 😊

The wet weather is evident, but the hedges are bursting with life.


There’s a coot in there somewhere.

Black clouds loomed as we watched behind the hide.

We have an old camper.  We don’t go too far in it, or camp often, but the grand family love it as much as us, so we hang on.  It’s great for picnics and days out.
Morrisons Cranberry Bread and Brie 😋  Plus plenty of fruit 🤔



Comments