Planting Snowdrops

I have to admit it!  I'm still feeling slightly under the weather and this is when I begin to get just a little bit anxious.  Before my first TTP episode I was a regular visitor to the GP.  I had so many blood tests and was constantly told all was fine, I was even given a questionnaire about depression.  So now, when I don't feel right, but I'm told all is well, it just rings a tiny alarm bell in the back of my mind.

Adamts13 results are in and are really high, that's a good sign, thank goodness.   Blood pressure is sorted and is excellent.   Blood Sugar Test also fine.  So it's probably just me, being anxious and I need to be aware but stay calm.   Plus I need to get out.   I always feel better when I’m out doing something!

Yesterday, in an effort to be out and about,  three of us volunteered to help plant some Snowdrops at Dunster Castle.  We weren't sure if this was a half term activity for families,  but we were warmly welcomed and given a dibber and green Snowdrops.  Arriving at 10 am, we were the first volunteers and it was relaxing,  if slightly wet!  Luckily I had a carrier in my pocket,  I hadn’t thought about a kneeling pad and my knees and shoulders are paying the price this morning!  Thank goodness its Tai Chi this pm and I know that will help me relax. 


The gardener told us they had 10,000 bulbs to plant!  We 3 dibbed and planted for an hour and then had to stop haha.  By then several families,  with young children,  had arrived.   The chatter was lively and infectious and it was so lovely to see them enjoying the gardens.  Simple pleasures!

Everyone agreed to visit again, next year, to see how our Snowdrops were growing. We all expect a carpet,  but perhaps that's a bit optimistic 😉

My patch 😅.  It might not look much just yet but wait a few years. I'm planting for the future!


We finished the morning with coffee and cheese Scones at the Watermill, well deserved!

Now, I think a soak in hot water is necessary.   So grateful for running water!

❤️


Comments