Stretching Our Legs at Dunster Castle Gardens

The weather has changed.  The rain has stopped and the cold air has set in.  I'm a chilly person at best of times, and although I appreciate the dry, I'm really not fond of the cold!  I do believe in the saying,  'There's no such thing as the wrong weather, just wrong clothing'.  However,  the cold does get into my bones and I don't like it.  

Anyway,  I haven't walked very much these last few days, I've stayed in the warm, although I've caught up on a lot of jobs.   We've put foil behind our radiators, changed the layout of the lounge,  dusted!  Dusting doesn't happen very often!  I've tended the houseplants.  And I've sneezed!  Alot!

My neighbour insists it will snow next week.  So, with a need to stretch my legs, my back aches, and get out for some fresh air, we decided to walk in Dunster Castle Gardens today.  The car park was full, clearly many other people had the same idea.  The Castle is built on a tor, so steep paths are involved.   It's a good place to exercise and with dry routes it's a nice change to just walking down to the town.

Today, we wandered.  We found paths we have missed previously and steps and routes we hadn't taken before.  I felt like a child exploring the grounds for the first time, and I was not disappointed.   It was good to be out.

The Castle Gate 

No sitting here!

Looking up!

Welcoming benches, but too cold to linger today. 

I had a new hat for Christmas.  Its snug, it keeps my head and ears warm.  It flattens my hair.  Once it's on, it stays on!  

A side view of the Castle. 

The Pixie Well

The Watermill

A view to Lovers Bridge

Plenty of steps for exercise!

Following different pathways. 

Finally, the Dragon!

Stay warm and well! ❤️










Comments