January - New Challenges

Our Christmas decorations are down and packed away.  As I type my husband is in a cupboard,  doing his best to store the many boxes, along with the vacuum, family tents, and a multitude of other paraphernalia that is hidden out of sight.  

We've left some lights up, and lanterns by the fire, for some winter cheer.  Christmas cards are waiting to be cut up into parcel labels for next year, that's something my family have done for decades.  Its good to look through the cards, quietly, after Christmas,  to read the messages,  to contact family and friends.  It's very therapeutic.

The Christmas Cake has been eaten and left over mince pies are in the freezer.  All chocolate has vanished.  There is fruit to be eaten, we had a lot of satsumas.   Fruit salad is on the menu for several days.

The house looks bare but tidy.  The fire is alight and curtains drawn.  It's time to make and revise plans for 2024.  The shed is still top of the priority list!

I've signed up for my new virtual walking challenge!  I've chosen The Celtic Way, which will hopefully follow an interesting route and show me many ancient sites along the way.  My walking boots are ready.

We've walked in Horner Woods already this week,  it was wet wet wet.  The rain fell constantly.  We drank coffee from our flasks in the car, there was nowhere to stop.  There were plenty of other walkers, though.  

Welcome to Horner.
There is a parking charge.
Pedestrians only.  It's an absolute oasis of peace and quiet.

Plenty of water at the moment. 
Apparently this is the wettest England has been for 130 years!
You need the correct clothing!


I'm looking forward to new challenges in 2024, along with continuing good health.  Stay well everyone. 




Comments