January/Janus - Happy New Year

I have read some posts recently that say you don't need to take on new resolutions at this time of year.  I guess I can see that may be right for some, it's not right for me.

I've had a wonderful Christmas.  Family, children, lots of laughter.  It's been one of the best.  We didn’t manage a Christmas Day walk this year, the weather stopped that with a toddler, however we did get to the park another day with a football.  We fed the squirrels (with nuts bought from the park cafe).  We ate fruit cake and plenty of cheese and biscuits.   Treasured moments,  memories made.

Now New Year is rushing towards us and more young members of our family are staying over.  We have children in sleeping bags on floors, and more laughter.  It's an absolute tonic and more treasured moments. 

Today we walked on North Hill, and down the ZigZag path.  It was wild and windy and we all enjoyed a good stretch and the excitement of walking through the woods with the wind whistling through the trees. 


We're a family that like to play board games.  Ticket to Ride, Game of Life, they're games that take you on a journey.   Life is a journey and journeys move you forward.  Life moves you forward.   There is no other way.  So why not move forward in the right direction.  It can be one step at a time.  

I'm not rushing.  I'll take my time.  Our Christmas lights are still up,  the tree is still in the window.  We follow the tradition of Twelfth Night.  I'm not in a such a hurry.  The lights brighten the dark early evenings, even if we have passed the shortest day.   

January is apparently named after Janus, God of beginnings, doorways, transitions, among other things.  I'm entering the New Year with high Adamts 13, and better kidney function.   Things to be celebrated and not wasted.  It all ties in for me.   My new challenget awaits!  

For 2024, I've chosen the Celtic Virtual Walk.  It should be interesting as well as healthy exercise. 

Happy New Year to you all.  May whatever you choose to do be right for you.   May 2024 bring peace and love, and good health.  Step by step, one day at a time.  



Comments