December Trees 😊

It's a while since I posted.  I've had a horrible cough and cold, but thankfully got rid before visiting family.  I've had an annual review at our medical centre, apparently my blood pressure is high again.  More investigation will take place.

The weather continues to confuse us.  Wet, wind, a sharp drop in temperature giving us our first frost this winter,  and now it's wet again here in the South.  North is suffering with zero temperatures and power cuts.  Its something to be grateful for,  at least we have a roof and heating. 

First Frost

My trip to London mostly involved child minding.   A real treat and always fun.  The temperature outside was below zero and we didn't go far, but there's always plenty to do indoors and this week we decorated the tree 😀 .  As our little one said, ‘Amazing!’ ❤️

I made it into town one day, I really wanted to see the tree in Trafalgar Square but unfortunately it's wasn't up yet.   I walked to Oxford Circus,  found Hamleys,  and had a pleasant few hours wandering around .

I popped into Borough Market, always a treat though the prices were a bit high for me.  Thank goodness my pension is getting closer.  The tree was pretty though,  and I did buy some Rainbow Bagels 🥯. 

Borough Market Christmas Tree

The journey home was slow.  We've stuck to our decision to use public transport rather than drive the motorway,  but freezing temperatures meant points failures.   Thank goodness our son met us at the station.   I was so grateful not to have to sit on a drafty bus for an hour plus!

Back home, jobs await.  The garden is too wet for me, I've no desire to spend time out there in this weather.   However,  the Acer still holds its leaves!  All other trees are bare.

Our old lady, Cherry.

The Japanese Acer

And our own decorated tree 🎄❤️.   

Whether inside or out, I'm very fond of all our trees.  ☺️


Comments