Achieving Goals

It’s very important for me to achieve goals.   I don’t quite understand where that comes from, however (John says I shouldn’t ever say but!) I always feel a great sense of achievement when I finish something.  At the beginning of the year I began a virtual walk to the Arctic.  To be honest, it wasn’t anything like I imagined it would be. The route mainly followed one road, The Dempster Highway, and the scenery was unremarkable.  I’m not sure what I was expecting 🤔.  Yes, I do.  I was expecting snow!

A virtual postcard from The Arctic Challenge.

Not quite the finish I was expecting!  
This is Tuktoyaktuk, Canada.  I really should read the small print 🤔


Anyway, I reached my virtual Arctic, and am looking forward to a different walking challenge next year.  I’ve had four trees planted on my behalf, and I get a medal.  The trees are actually twiglets, but the intention is there.

I walked with friends today at Washford/Old Cleeve, on a route I hadn’t taken before.  It was a clear day and the view was amazing, you really could see for miles.  It’s a walk I would definitely take again.  

A really pleasant walk, a little bit of uphill and some steps at the beginning, otherwise a good even path.

A really lovely day.  I was pleased I had my hat!

The bench with no view!  I hope it was put there before the hedge! 🙂

It’s blood test time again and so a waiting game until I get that phone call.  No emergency call is always good, it makes the waiting easier.   In the meantime the fruit for the cake is soaking.  The smell is delicious in the kitchen and I can’t help looking admiringly at the softened fruit.  Now I just have to get the real butter and we’re ready.  

Loving the smell already!


In the garden the very last leaves on the Acer tree are falling.  Such pretty, delicate, leaves.  




Comments