Rememberance, Tai Chi and the Weather

Today is Rememberance Day.  Another reason to be grateful!  My own parents did their bit in WW2, to the detriment of their own health, but all those little bits from ordinary people saved us from an unknown fate.   Not forgetting those that paid the ultimate sacrifice with their lives, so many that came home were seriously scarred too.   My life would almost certainly be different without them.  We would not have the freedom we have today.  When I was a child my father called it Armistice Day, apparently from Latin for Stop War.  Why do we still have wars?  Because a few twisted people have delusions?  Monsters seek power over others?  A neighbour wants to move a boundary?   Someone wants to keep everything for themselves.  After all these years we should have learnt that we are all equal.  
I took this photo a couple of years ago.  Its a beautiful,  well chosen spot.  The empty seats are evocative.   

The weather remains changeable here, but mostly wet!  We've been childminding this past week and despite a walk to the park, most activities were at home.  I'm pleased to report that I can still crawl on the floor and climb in and out of cardboard boxes.  And get up again 😃.  I admit to a sit down in the afternoons 😴😅.  Grandchildren are so good for your health,  both mental and physical, being with younger people is amazing 😊.  

The day light hours are shortening here.  Trees are still trying hard to hang on to their leaves despite recent storms  Some remain green but most are changing colour.  Some have had their leaves stripped from them, the pavement is littered. 
I still love to kick up the leaves, there's something childlike about it 😊.

Walks have been through Bratton, a little muddy on the day I visited.  Its a favourite walk, along The Parks and across the tiny bridge over the Ford.
We often wonder if this is the smallest bridge on Exmoor.

This photo sums up the weather, can't really imagine how anyone thought an umbrella was a good idea on this day. 🤔.  It made me smile 😉.

A couple of weeks ago I finally found a Tai Chi class in town.  I've had two brief encounters with Tai Chi in the past.  The first was a brilliant introduction,  affected by my diagnosis of TTP it was just what I needed.  Unfortunately the beginners class was interrupted and I had to stop.  The second class, following a relapse was not so good.  I may have tried again too early, and when lockdown came I was almost relieved not to have to continue.   This time, however, the style really suits me.  Gentle, flowing, incredibly relaxing.  Tai Chi Qigong Shibashi.  I recommend everyone try it, especially if you have any anxiety and need calmness in your life.

As our teacher today introduced us to Mountain Top,  it just felt so appropriate for TTP survivors.  It calms and connects you to the earth.  Quote: It allows the practitioner to focus on gratitude and receive good energy into their life circle.

Maybe there are some leaders that should practice a little Tai Chi!

Blood test results are in and all really good.  Adamts 13 remains high and iron levels have risen.  Great news!   I wish everyone's news was as good mine.  



Comments