Keeping Busy, Keeping Fit.

It's Friday, and I'm waiting patiently for my latest blood test results.  Although I no longer wait by the phone, the call comes through on my mobile, its impossible to put it completely out of your mind.  I've been trying to have my hospital blood results uploaded to an app.  It's more difficult to achieve than you would think.  I know, without doubt, that the phone would ring if something was wrong,  so waiting is not agonising,  but I would prefer not to wait. 

I have some garden projects in mind but they are mostly on hold.  One involves moving my small greenhouse, and I know I need help with that.  The weather has been pretty awful, the ground is too wet at present,  it'll have to wait.    I've found things to do indoors on really wet days.  Wardrobe sorting to begin with, and then listing on Vinted.  I'll give the clothes a chance and then take them to a charity shop if not sold.  We've been to the cinema, it had stopped raining that evening, so we walked down to the beach before the film.  'A Haunting in Venice', I enjoyed it, it was worth seeing, but then I love going to the cinema.   There's something childish about the big screen and the anticipation of waiting for it to start.  Pure escapism,  I always get right into the story.  It made me jump several times, but Poirot always solves the case.

The last couple of days have seen some improvement to the weather.   I know I need to keep busy and I need to keep fit.  Sitting around,  doing nothing, is alien to me.  Steps are all important and I try to do at least 10,000 a day.  Sitting just makes my mind wander,  sometimes to places I don't want to go to.

Also there's the debt aspect.  I owe it to those people who saved my life to look after it.  'Use it, or loose it.' It's a phrase I've heard often, and of course I know that for some that is just impossible.   My own sister had MS and tried so hard not to loose any capabilities.  But I'm determined to do my best, I am more of a fighter now than I've ever been.  

Anyway, I sold an item on Vinted, and after walking to the post office I decided I may as well walk to the beach.   Its a nice day, showery, but not cold yet, and there are lots of people about.   One of the lovely things about living here is that many people speak to you, even complete strangers.  Residents,  holiday makers, they are generally pleased to have a word, usually about the weather 😀. Give a smile, you'll usually get one back.  I'm home again now, and admit I am more tired than I used to be.  I've been prescribed iron tablets and I'd like to know if they have had any affect.  I've had lunch and a cuppa, half way there to feeling the energy levels resurfacing.  I am thankful not to work any longer.  The days of working full time, walking home for lunch are gone.

I'm slowly catching up on the Virtual Artic Challenge.   I received acknowledgement that a tree has been planted for completing 60% of the mileage.   It's another bonus to spur me on.  

A planted tree has many positive benefits.

A photo of my virtual position on the Demeter Highway, Artic Challenge.


Plenty of mindfulness moments today 😊. Here are a few local photos.

The Hands, beginning of the SWCP.

Minehead Harbour, at high tide.

Squirrel in Blenheim Gardens, it was looking for food.

Stay well, everyone.  ðŸ˜Š

Update, all bloods are good.  Adamts 13 remains high!  ❤️






Comments