Our August Garden

Stepping into our garden,  the view looks mostly green.  Taking pics of my favourite plants and the colours sprang out at me.   It's important to take time, step back and appreciate 😊.


It's the end of August already,  children and staff will be returning to school,  some will already be there.  It's cool in the shade today, but at least the sun is shining.  I have washing on the line!


My other half had to clear the pump in the fish pond, after lifting some lilies it had become blocked.  Thankfully,  its working again now, love sound of moving water.  In the wildlife pond, the duck weed has really taken off!  No idea where it came from, but something carried it here.  Possibly newts, we think we have tiny newborns but don't want to disturb them. 


Bumblebees love the Sea Holly.

As already said, my absolute favourite,  Japanese Anemones. 

I keep thinking of putting this Pineapple Lily in the ground,  but don't want to lose it.

Ice Plants, so easy to propagate.  We have more and more each year.

Another favourite,  Hydrangea.   This one never let's us down, possibly because it covers our small compost bin.

Astrantia, also loved by the bees.

I love this view of our garden,  taken from the garden door.

And our wildlife pond 😊






Comments