Virtual Walking Challenges

Throughout Lockdown, my other half and myself took part in a walking challenge with End To End.  We walked from Lands End to John O'Groats,  virtually,  and it was a great way of getting us through a difficult time.  We rarely met other walkers and when we did all were respectful and passed at some distance.   We obeyed the rules and we raised money from very generous donars for TTP Network and hospitals that have treated me so well.


At the beginning of this year I decided to take part in another challenge.   This time I chose a walk in an area I am never likely to visit in reality.   The North Pole!  My virtual walk started from Dawson City in the Yukon to Tuktoyaktuk.  Its 577 miles and so far I've covered 209 miles.  I thought the scenery would be different,  haha, it certainly is.  I'm so pleased I can walk locally and log my miles virtually 😁.  I'm behind with the challenge and to get my steps in!  


These are just a few of the views from my local walks, and one from the Yukon 😊


North Hill, you could see the mist coming inland.

The Harbour on a windy and cloudy day.

b
The beach on a warmer day!

A typical British summer, the weather forecast is changeable with some wind, sunny showers,  very wet at times.  My thoughts are with those whose weather is ever more extreme.  

My virtual view, The Demster Highway,  Yukon.






Comments