Coronation Parties

When we were invited to a Coronation Party we said yes immediately.  It meant travelling, driving, but with the chance to spend time with family and have a celebration after all the doom and gloom, of course we jumped at the opportunity.  I know some people shared my sentiments, I wonder that more didn’t.  

We didn’t get to the actual coronation but we did get into London the day before, and a couple of days after, just to check out the atmosphere and to see what was going on.

I’m neither a monarchist or a republican, I think the main players work hard and I wouldn’t want to change places with them.  The thought of some politicians living in Buckingham Palace or Windsor Castle fills me with horror, I don’t think they would do a better job.  Charles III has waited a long time for the crown, let’s give him a chance and see what he can do.  At his age, I think he deserves that.  I’m very happy to be retired and spend my days doing my own thing.

Anyway, here are some of my favourite photos of London before and after.   We also had a wonderful party on the day with 6 children, flags, bunting, scones, cake, and a very wet walk to watch a brass band in the park, but those  photos are not for this blog.  I wish everyone could have enjoyed the weekend as much as I did 😊

Walking along the South Bank, looking back to the Financial District.

Walking across Westminster Bridge with a view of the London Eye.

Westminster and the Elizabeth Tower, the bell is called Big Ben not the building.

The Coronation Banner

People camping out in the Mall.  Not for me but I give them credit for their determination to be there.

Looking back to Admiralty Arch.

Green Park.  It always surprises me just how many parks there are in London 🌳🌳

Piccadilly Circus looking towards Trafalgar Square

St James Park

We couldn’t stay to see the finished article, but there was no doubt who this was intended to be.  
Such a shame for the tide to wash it all away.

And my own tribute to the Coronation Celebration.  My mother’s coronation flags from 1953 and our own, brought on this day.

😊


Plenty of steps and miles achieved this weekend towards my virtual walk to the North Pole


Thank you to my family for organising such a great time ❤️













Comments