Dreams

 Last night I dreamt of Christmas.   Or rather Christmas preparations that weren't going to plan. Christmas lights that wouldn't work, that couldn't be found.  What does that mean?  For me, I think, it's the realisation that I have no control, and I've always been a control freak.  It irritates my family, and now my lack of control irritates me.

I have a chronic blood disorder.   It shouldn't be debilitating,  but it creeps or rather slips from under the feet, sending me sliding over a cliff if I walk to close to the edge.  So once you have a diagnosis,  regular blood tests are given to track how stable it is, and it's projectory when it starts to wander.

Thanks goodness for our NHS, I don't know where I'd be without it.  It's scary for people who are so dependent on it, reading about how it is failing.  For many it's a life saver, for many it's a way of life, and I'll never forget how grateful I am to be alive because of it.

I aim, in this blog, to change direction and try to explain how I live my life with TTP, Thrombotic Thrombocytopenia Purpura.


Snowdrops

Comments