Starting Over

Well, it seems to me it’s time to start blogging again.  I really didn’t want this to turn into some kind of recovery blog, but after a long illness and then Covid, I think it’s time to start over.

I haven’t been sitting about, I’ve been walking!  Absolutely miles!   And I’ve taken so many photos that I wish I had shared!   Never mind, I’m ready!  So here we go.

This week we drove to Willett Hill.  After checking that we weren’t trespassing, we set off on the well trodden path.  There seemed to be several routes and we choose one that took us around the hill, with a fairly gentle climb.  It’s obviously being used by mountain bikes, you could see the tyre marks in the earth but only a couple of dog walkers were there at this time.

Much of the walk was through forestry but nearer the top we came across this beautiful old beech hedge, I love to know how old it is.  Mental note to visit again in the summer when it will be in full leaf.


We came across the Tower, a Folly, almost by surprise, it would be so mysterious in the mist!  On a cold, clear, winter’s day, it stood strong and proud.  






Architectural Folly: A costly ornamental building with no practical purpose, especially a tower or mock-Gothic ruin built in a large garden or park.


Comments